Crispy Lemon Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Florida Crystals® Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the flour, sour cream, baking soda and lemon extract and blend until smooth. Divide dough in half and place each half on a piece of wax paper. Roll each section into a 2-inch log and freeze until firm.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Remove 1 log at a time, slice dough into 1/8-inch slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven.
Cool 1 minute. Remove from pan and cool on rack. Drizzle with icing, if desired. Store in airtight container.
Mix all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let icing dry before storing.