Lemon Pound Cake
12 to 16
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest (about 3 medium lemons), reserve the juice for the glaze
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 325° F. Butter and flour 12-cup angel food cake pan with removable bottom, or use a 12-cup Bundt* cake pan.
Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar, then lemon zest, lemon extract and salt. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add flour in three additions, beating just until blended each time.
Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake cake until a golden color and tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Cut around center tube and pan sides of angel food cake pan to loosen cake. Remove pan sides. Cool cake completely.
*If using a Bundt cake pan, cool cake in pan 5 minutes. Turn cake out on rack; cool completely.
Whisk together sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Transfer cake to a plate, then drizzle glaze over cooled cake and let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes.
Cake (without glaze) can be made one day ahead and kept, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, at room temperature.