Sweet Potato Casserole
- 22 ounces (about three) red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams) peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Flakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup (packed) Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; transfer potatoes to large bowl and add butter. Using electric mixer, beat until smooth.
Add egg, sugar, spice, vanilla, salt and pepper; beat to blend. Transfer mixture to a buttered 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake potatoes until beginning to brown around edges and slightly puffed, about 25 minutes.
Mix together all ingredients in medium bowl. Spoon topping evenly over potatoes. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes longer.
This casserole, without the topping, can be made one day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before baking, then add topping, as directed.
This recipe can be made with all organic ingredients.