Amaretto Crunch Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Natural Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Almond Crunch Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Natural Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 4 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals® Natural Cane Sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Amaretto or almond-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, combine crust ingredients and blend. Press against bottom and ½ way up sides of buttered 9-inch spring from pan. Refrigerate.
Almond Crunch Instructions
Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and grease lightly.
In a small saucepan, combine sugar, lemon juice and water for crunch.
Cook over medium heat, gently stirring until syrup turns golden brown. Remove from heat and add almonds. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Crumble into small pieces by hand or food possessor. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Blend together sugar and cornstarch; gradually beat into cream cheese.
Blend eggs, heavy cream, liqueur and extracts. Slowly blend into cheese mixture. Stir in half of the almond crunch. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 40 minutes or until edges are firm and center slightly soft. Sprinkle remaining crunch over cake. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. To serve, remove sides of pan.