Apple Pie Cookies
- prepared pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 muffin tins; set aside.
Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut 24 circles of pie pastry. Place into prepared muffin pan.
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, mix apples, sugar, apple pie spice, lemon juice and water. Cook until apples have softened; stirring occasionally.
Whisk water and cornstarch together in a small bowl and stir into apple mixture until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of apple filling onto each pie dough in muffin tin.
In a bowl, mix together flour, sugars, oats and cinnamon. Add melted butter and toss until well coated.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of topping onto apple filling. Press the top of each cookie with finger to allow crumble topping to level fillings. Bake 17 to 19 minutes.
Cool in pan 10 minutes. Use an offset spatula to ease cookies from muffin tins. Place on cooling racks to cool fully.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.