Banana French Toast Casserole
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large loaf of French bread, cut into large cubes to yield 6 cups
- 2 large bananas, sliced into 10 slices each
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 large banana, cut into 10 slices
Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with melted butter. Sprinkle ¼ cup brown sugar on top, set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Place bread and banana slices into mixture and toss to coat the bread.
Pour into prepared pan. Top with remaining ½ cup sugar.
Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat over to 350° F.
Remove foil and sprinkle with pecans. Replace foil and bake covered 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Remove from oven. Top with remaining banana slices. Serve warm.