Organic Raw Cane Sugar
We are the only source for organic cane sugar grown and harvested in the USA, produced in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program and certified organic by Quality Assurance International.
- 1 cup chilled whole milk 1 cup chilled whole milk
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 2/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 cup total fresh or frozen blueberries and cherries or other berries of choice 1 cup total fresh or frozen blueberries and cherries or other berries of choice
- 2 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 2 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
Freeze ice cream maker bowl according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
In large mixing bowl whisk together milk, cream, vanilla, and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Chill mixture until ready to use.
While cream mixture is chilling, prepare berry swirl by stirring berries and sugar together over medium heat in small saucepot or skillet until mixture comes to a boil. Gently boil 3-5 minutes until sugar dissolves, berries pop their skins, and the syrup thickens. Turn mixture into a bowl and chill until ready to use.
Turn ice cream maker on, whisk mixture again; then pour mixture into the bowl of the ice cream maker, Churn for 25 to 30 minutes or until it reaches a “soft-serve” consistency.
Spoon half of the ice cream into a 1-quart container with a tight-fitting lid and top with half of the berry mixture. Add the rest of the ice cream and top with remaining berries. Use a few turns with a knife to swirl the berries into the ice cream.
Cover the container and freeze at least 3 hours or more before serving.