- 1 lb. Carrots, whole or cut in any desired shape 1 lb. Carrots, whole or cut in any desired shape
- 2 tablespoons Light Olive Oil 2 tablespoons Light Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked sea salt 1/2 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 whole cloves 4 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet pan with foil or parchment.
In medium bowl, toss carrots with oil and salt and spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
Roast carrots 20 minutes or until tender.
In small saucepot, whisk Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar with cornstarch, orange juice, and spices. Heat over medium-high heat, whisking, until sauce comes to a boil.
Boil 1 minute until sugar dissolves and glaze is thick and no longer opaque.
Remove from heat to cool. Strain before serving.
Toss roasted carrots in glaze or drizzle glaze over individual portions
To glaze carrots even more, roast carrots an additional 5 minutes after tossing carrots in glaze.
Our Favorite Side Dish Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!