Chocolate and Coconut Mini Brownies
24 mini brownies
- 3/4 cup low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (60% cocoa)
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat coconut, unsweetened, finely shredded ("macaroon shred")
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 2 mini muffin pans (24 cups total) well with non-stick spray.
In medium capacity food processor, pulse beans with coconut oil until beans are puréed.
Add eggs, cocoa, vanilla and sugar. Pulse quickly until ingredients are just blended. Turn mixture into 2-quart bowl. Fold in chocolate chips.
Sift flour and baking powder together and fold into batter.
Portion 1 tablespoon batter into each cup. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon coconut on top. Bake 12 minutes or until bites are firm to the touch and toothpick comes out almost clean. Do not over bake.