Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix in a Jar
1 gift jar that makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar , firmly packed
- 1/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Spoon into 1-quart, wide-mouthed canning jar. Layer remaining ingredients in order given, making sure to pack down each layer firmly and clean inside of jar with dry paper towel after each layer. Decorate lid by cutting fabric into a 7-inch wide square or circle. Secure with rubber band and tie with decorative ribbon and accents.
Attach these instructions to the jar:
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In large mixing bowl, cream together 2/3 cup softened butter, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add contents of jar and mix well.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.