1 large loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large orange, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons butter
- boiling water (see instructions)
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 cup nuts (any kind), chopped
- 1 cup fresh, raw cranberries, coarsely chopped (see Quick Tip)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3-inch pan.
Sift together first 5 ingredients.
In a separate bowl, combine juice, zest, butter and enough boiling water to make 3/4 cup.
Whisk egg into juice. Add liquid to dry ingredients; stir until moist. Add nuts and cranberries. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, then serve.
Use a meat grinder to halve the cranberries.