1 large loaf or 2 small loaves
A zesty cranberry bread with a touch of orange - perfect for breakfast.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large orange, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Boiling water (enough to make 3/4 cup; see instructions)
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 cup nuts (any kind), chopped
- 1 cup fresh, raw cranberries, coarsely chopped (see Quick Tip)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8½" x 4½" x 3" pan.
Sift together first 5 ingredients. Combine juice, zest, butter and boiling water to make ¾ cup. Whisk egg into juice. Add liquid to dry ingredients; stir until moist. Add nuts and cranberries. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, then serve.
A meat grinder may be used to halve the cranberries.