Dark Chocolate, Almond & Cranberry Brittle
1 1/2 cups brittle
- 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) dark chocolate chips
Grease cookie sheet with butter and set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, water and cream of tartar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Cover pot and let boil gently, approximately 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook until mixture turns amber in color. Once correct color is reached, quickly remove from heat; stir in almonds and cranberries. Pour onto prepared pan, spreading thinly with wooden spoon. Cool completely.
Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl 15 seconds; stir and repeat until melted. Use fork to drizzle cooled brittle with melted chocolate.
Once chocolate is firm, break candy into pieces. Store in an airtight container in cool place.