Fat-Free Carrot Cake
This carrot cake is light and delicious!
- 2 cups finely grated carrots, packed (about 2 large)
- 1 1/2 cups Florida Crystals® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup raisins or other dried fruit, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
In saucepan, combine carrots, sugar,
water, raisins or dried fruit, and vanilla. Bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for at least one hour. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Whisk or stir to combine
thoroughly; set aside.
Preheat oven to 300°F about 15 minutes before you are ready to mix the batter. Generously grease and flour Bundt pan.
Stir cooled carrot mixture into dry ingredients until no trace of
flour remains. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake
until cake feels firm (about one hour). Cool in pan 10 minutes on
rack, then invert onto serving plate.