- 18 wafer ice cream cones, flat-bottomed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (1 pound) package Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- 18 straws
- flowers, fresh or artificial
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ice cream cones in a muffin tin to hold upright while baking; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar alternately with milk, beating 1 to 2 minutes or until blended. Remove 1 1/4 cups of frosting from bowl and set aside.
With mixer at slow speed, add eggs to remaining frosting in mixing bowl. Add vanilla; beat until blended.
In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to mixing bowl alternately with milk; continue beating 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended.
Fill each cone about 1/2 full of batter. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until "conecakes" spring back when lightly touched in center. Cool completely. Spread tops with remaining frosting.
Sprinkle tops of frosted conecakes with crushed chocolate wafer crumbs for "dirt" look. Before serving, place 1 straw in center of each conecake and garnish with a flower.
Remember to remove the flower and straw before eating.