Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
30 to 36 cookies
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Florida Crystals® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups uncooked oats
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, scrape down the sizes of the bowl; add vanilla. Fold in oats, ginger and nuts.
Divide and roll dough into 30 to 36 balls. For best results, moisten hands when rolling dough. Place 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Press down slightly to help cookies spread.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before removing from pan.