- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground ginger 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt 1 tsp salt
- Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar 2 1/3 cups firmly packed 2 1/3 cups firmly packed Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup molasses 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs, room temperature 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 cups all-purpose flour 6 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, except sugar; set aside.
Combine sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer; add molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides with each addition.
Add dry ingredients slowly to the sugar mixture, until a thick dough forms. Divide dough into four parts and wrap each with plastic wrap.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place on a baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
Bake 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies. Cool completely before removing cookies from pan. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
Prepare the Royal Icing recipe and use to decorate the cookies as desired.
Dough or baked cookies can be frozen up to 3 months.
Edible Holiday Ornaments
This holiday season, fill your home with joy, your heart with love and your tree with some delicious Florida Crystals® Raw Cane Sugar edible ornaments!