24 (5-inch) cookies
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar , firmly packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon each: allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- food coloring
In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and molasses.
In a separate medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Gradually add to sugar mixture until well blended. Refrigerate dough 1 hour or until easy to handle.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
On well-floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
Combine sugar and milk. Add food coloring and decorate as desired.
To make Cookie Ornaments, bake cookies as directed. While cookies are still warm, use a small straw or a paring knife to create a hole at the top of the cookie. Leave 1/2-inch space from the top of the cookie. It is important to cut out holes while the cookies are still warm.
Decorate as desired. Once dry, thread a thin ribbon through the hole to hang as an ornament.