Golden Granola Clusters
10 (1/2-cup) servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 orange (need 2 tablespoons orange juice and 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind)
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons amaranth flour
- 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- 2 cups "loosely filled" old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a saucepot, melt butter. Stir in sugar, juice and rind. Heat until mixture is hot (about 160° F.). Stir until sugar is dissolved; forming a slurry.
While slurry is heating, mix ground flaxseed meal, salt and amaranth flour together in a small bowl.
While slurry is still hot, stir in peanut butter. Add dry mixture. Press oats into wet ingredients until well coated.
Turn out in a single layer onto baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes. Granola should form clusters and be crunchy, but not browned on the bottom.
After granola has cooled, stir in raisins. Store in airtight containers up to 2 weeks.