Norwegian Butter Cookies
- 3/4 lb. (3 sticks) butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (measure after sifting)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Sugar ,sifted
- Cookie press or pastry bag with large star tip
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In large bowl, using electric mixer, cream butter, then slowly beat in sugar. Add eggs. In separate bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture. Blend well; add vanilla.
Fill cookie press or pastry bag with 1/4 dough at a time. Pipe cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool 10 minutes while on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Over waxed paper, sift powdered sugar lightly over top of cookies. Store cookies in airtight container.
When sifting dry ingredients, measure quantities after sifting.
Featured By: Patty Pike of Deer Park, NY