Summer is hot, so cool off with a wholesome, refreshing glass of real lemonade sweetened with Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar. A touch of ground cloves adds just a hint of spice to modernize this classic.
Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
We are the only source for organic cane sugar grown and harvested in the USA, produced in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program and certified organic by Quality Assurance International.
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 cups water, divided 2 cups water, divided
- 3-4 whole cloves 3-4 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup lemon juice 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Lemon slices Lemon slices
- Mint leaves Mint leaves
In saucepot over medium heat, whisk sugar and 1 cup water together with cloves just until sugar dissolves.
Cool to room temperature; then, stir in remaining 1 cup water and lemon juice.
Strain through a mesh strainer into a pitcher; then, cover and chill until ready to serve.
To serve cold: Pour lemonade into glasses filled with ice. Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves.
For lemonade with pulp, remove cloves but do not strain.