Strawberry Banana Piña Colada
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 cups (400g) Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 medium banana
- ¾ cup (6 fl. oz. can) pineapple juice
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups small cubed ice
- ¾ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Strawberries for garnish
- Pineapple slices for granish
Whisk coconut milk, sugar and cornstarch together in medium saucepot and heat over medium-high heat, whisking continuously, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, whisking occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat and cool to room temperature. Chill before proceeding with the recipe.
Combine ¼ cup coconut cream, banana and pineapple juice in a blender with 2 cups ice and blend on high speed 20-30 seconds or until smooth. Pour 1 – 1 ½ cups of the smoothie into a tall glass.
Add strawberries to the blender and blend, adding more ice as necessary, so mixture freezes. Swirl strawberry mixture into Banana Piña Colada already in the glass. Garnish with a strawberry and pineapple, if desired.