A hearty breakfast bar to start your day right with lots of whole grains and fresh strawberries.
Meet the Chef: Rebecca Neidhart
Rebecca Neidhart is the baker, photographer, and creator of the blog Good Things Baking Co. She lives near Atlanta with her family where she loves to celebrate the simple, good things of life, especially the ones that have butter
- 3 cups Gluten-Free old fashioned oats 3 cups Gluten-Free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Oat flour 1 cup Gluten-Free Oat flour
- ¾ cup, plus more for garnishing Certified Gluten-Free Unsweetened coconut flakes ¾ cup, plus more for garnishing Certified Gluten-Free Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Melted coconut oil 1/2 cup Melted coconut oil
- 1 Large egg, beaten 1 Large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
For the Strawberry Filling
- 1/3 cup Strawberry jam 1/3 cup Strawberry jam
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 cups Sliced strawberries 2 cups Sliced strawberries
Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 8x8” baking pan. You can also line it with parchment paper for easy removal of the bars from the pan.
Place 1 cup of the oats in a blender jar or food processor. Process it until it’s ground into a fine flour.
In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining oats, the oat flour, ¾ cup of coconut flakes, Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar, and salt.
Combine the melted coconut oil, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the oatmeal mixture and stir until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the strawberry jam, lemon juice, vanilla extract and Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar until smooth –- the mixture will be fairly thick. Add the sliced strawberries, then stir until all of them are coated with the jam mixture and sugar.
Set aside about ¾ cup of the oat mixture, then press the rest into an even crust layer on the bottom of the pan.
Spread the strawberries over the crust, then crumble the rest of the oatmeal mix over the top. Sprinkle with a few more coconut flakes.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top crumbles are golden brown. The edges of the bars will look bubbly and jammy.
Cool the bars thoroughly in the refrigerator before cutting. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.