Sweet Potato Gratin
5 to 6 servings
This sweet potato gratin is extremely simple and easy to make.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
Streusel Topping Ingredients
- 1/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
Place sweet potatoes and salt in a 4-quart saucepan. Add water to cover. Bring water to a boil then reduce to a slow simmer, covered for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Peel the sweet potatoes and place in large bowl. With a mixer on low speed, beat potatoes, butter, sugar, juices, grated zest, cinnamon and pepper until light and fluffy. Spoon into a buttered 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle top with streusel topping. Bake 15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Streusel Topping Instructions
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, chopped pecans, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.