Shake up your next summer picnic. Apple cider vinegar, celery seed and the sweetness of Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar give this fresh, crunchy coleslaw a uniquely tangy bite.
- 1 medium head cabbage, finely shredded 1 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
Blend together the cabbage, onion and carrot.
In a small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients to make dressing.
Combine the vegetables and the dressing, and toss until the vegetables are well coated. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour. Toss again before serving.
Our Favorite Side Dish Recipes
The story of the sugar you love today began over a century ago.
In 1850, before the 20th Century even began, the Fanjul family milled their first sugarcane. Little did they know at the time that the same passion that drove them to craft that first batch of sugar would eventually grow into all that Florida Crystals has become today. We remain committed to sustainability, dedicated to doing things right and proud to provide the highest quality sugar from our family to yours.