Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
6 (1-cup) servings
- 2 (13.5 oz) cans full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk, chilled for at least 6 hours
- 1 1/3 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso granules
Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving it to extend over the sides. Place into the freezer until ready to use.
Turn chilled coconut milk cans over and remove bottom of can. Carefully pour the coconut milk into an airtight container and place into refrigerator. The coconut milk will thicken. Pour the milk, sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder and espresso granules into a mixing bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, blend all of the ingredients until creamy.
Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and put back into the freezer. Freeze for at least 8 hours. Freezer temps vary, so allow for extra time, if necessary.
Try this Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream in our Gluten-Free Vegan Waffle Cones.
Note: If using an automatic ice cream maker to make ice cream, follow the manufacturer’s directions.
This ice cream can be made in an automatic ice cream maker or by freezing in a loaf pan.