Zucchini and Carrot Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 1/2 ounces strained, dried plum or prune purée
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed and coarsely grated, about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely grated, about 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons vital gluten
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 2 muffin cup pans or line with paper liners.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add prunes and eggs; beat additional 1 minute. Stir in zucchini and carrots.
In a separate bowl, sift all remaining ingredients together. Fold into batter until there are no lumps. Do not over mix.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full to make 22 muffins. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until tops have “crowned” and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.