Baked Vegan Apple Cider Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Florida Crystals® Demerara Cane Sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease donut pan; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and apple pie spice; set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir together apple cider and sugar. Add applesauce; mix well. Whisk in canola oil until well blended.
Gradually fold dry mixture into wet mixture a little at a time until evenly blended. Add apple cider vinegar and mix carefully. Batter will become bubbly.
Spoon batter into prepared donut pan. Fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Cool donuts completely before adding glaze.
Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
Dip tops of cooled donut into glaze. Let set on wire rack until glaze hardens.
Sprinkle donuts with demerara sugar.