- 1 ½ lb. fresh Jackfruit slice (about 2-inches thick) 1 ½ lb. fresh Jackfruit slice (about 2-inches thick)
- 8 slider buns of choice 8 slider buns of choice
Citrus Barbecue Sauce
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar ¼ cup ¼ cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- ½ cup orange juice ½ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- ¼ teaspoon allspice ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper or up to 1 tablespoon minced hot pepper ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper or up to 1 tablespoon minced hot pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon jalapeno powder or up to 1 tablespoon minced fresh or jarred jalapeno pepper ¼ teaspoon jalapeno powder or up to 1 tablespoon minced fresh or jarred jalapeno pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped curly parsley ¼ cup finely chopped curly parsley
- 1 lb. pre-shredded cabbage slaw (about 7 ½ cups) 1 lb. pre-shredded cabbage slaw (about 7 ½ cups)
- 1/4 cup shaved fresh radishes (2 large) 1/4 cup shaved fresh radishes (2 large)
Fill a saucepot ½ full with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. While water is heating, remove seeds and the pods surrounding the seeds from the jackfruit. Slice the jackfruit into wedges, leaving the skin on. Add jackfruit pieces to boiling water, cover, and boil about 45 minutes or until flesh is soft and separates easily into strands. Drain and hold aside to cool. Slice flesh away from the rind and gently shred flesh to make about 2 cups. Discard rind.
Citrus Barbeque Sauce
Prepare barbeque sauce while jackfruit is boiling.
Stir or whisk all ingredients together in small saucepot. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Hold aside warm until ready to serve.
In large mixing bowl, whisk lime juice and Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar together to dissolve sugar. Whisk in jalapeno, salt, mayonnaise and parsley. Stir in cabbage slaw and radishes until well combined. Refrigerate slaw, covered, until ready to serve.
Wear foodhandler gloves when handling raw jackfruit as it naturally contains latex and can be sticky to the touch.
Always wear foodhandler gloves when working with hot peppers and avoid contact with face. Wash all contact surfaces thoroughly.