- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries 2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut 1/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, divided 1 1/2 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, divided
- 2 cups cake flour 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray the sides of a 9-inch round pan with oil and line the bottom with 2 layers of parchment. Scatter the blueberries in a single layer in the pan and sprinkle the coconut and 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar evenly over the top.
Sift or whisk together in a medium bowl the flour, salt, and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and remaining 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a measuring cup combine coconut milk with vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
On a low speed, alternately add half the dry ingredients, then the coconut milk mixture, and then the remaining dry ingredients. Mix completely after each addition.
Gently spread batter in the prepared pan over the blueberries and coconut. Bake 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool at least 15 minutes in pan; then, remove by running a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Invert onto a serving platter. Remove the pan and carefully peel off the parchment paper. Cool completely before serving.
The double layer of parchment on the bottom of the pan keeps the fruit from getting too hot during the baking process.