This easy bake doubles as breakfast or an after school snack, and couldn’t be easier to prepare.
Meet the Chef: Lauren Waterman
Lauren is the vegan recipe developer and photographer behind the blog Chickpea and Herb. She focuses on garden to table food with a big emphasis on seasonal ingredients and sustainability. She lives in Philadelphia with her musician husband and three freeloading kitties.
- 6 cups Oats 6 cups Oats
- Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Flax meal 1/4 cup Flax meal
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Oat milk 1 cup Oat milk
- 2 cups Water 2 cups Water
Mix together oats, Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar, Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar, flax meal, chia seeds, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract, oat milk, and water in a large bowl.
Spread mixture evenly in a large casserole dish.
Bake for 40 minutes at 325º F.
Top with any fruit and/or nuts to your liking.
- Squares can be cut up and sent to school in a lunch box for a delicious school snack.
- Any non-dairy milk will work for this recipe.