A classic sugar cookie, but chocolate. Made with organic raw cane and organic light brown raw cane sugar, oat flour, and dutch-process cocoa, these cookies are an undeniably chewy and chocolatey dessert.
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar ⅓ cup ⅓ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ¾ cup butter, unsalted and softened ¾ cup butter, unsalted and softened
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 1 ¼ cup 1 ¼ cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks 2 large egg yolks
- 1 ⅔ cup oat flour 1 ⅔ cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup plus ¼ cup dutch process cocoa ⅓ cup plus ¼ cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Pour the Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand-mixer or using a large bowl and a hand mixer, beat the butter, Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar, salt and vanilla together for 5-7 minutes until very light and fluffy.
Add the egg and yolks and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk together the oat flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
Drop the cookie dough into 1½ tablespoon balls on the parchment paper, leaving generous amounts of space between them as the cookies will spread.
Dip the dough mounds in the Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, rolling gently to cover the dough in sugar. Return dough to cookie sheet.
Bake for exactly 10 minutes.
Store in an air-tight container to avoid the cookies drying out and losing their chewiness.
Use a 1½ tablespoon (¾ oz) ice cream scoop to portion the cookie dough equally.
For a darker look and deeper taste, substitute the ¼ cup of the dutch process cocoa with black cocoa.