Sweet and tangy, use this classic barbecue sauce to prepare smoked ribs, bbq chicken, and grilled vegetables.
- 4 tablespoons Butter 4 tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup Onion, chopped ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, chopped 1 tablespoon Garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Salt 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sweet paprika 2 teaspoons Sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Dry mustard 2 teaspoons Dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 cup Water 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Apple cider vinegar ½ cup Apple cider vinegar
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 1 ¼ cups 1 ¼ cups Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) Tomato paste 1 can (6 ounces) Tomato paste
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and salt. Sautee until onion is tender. Stir in paprika, chili powder, dry mustard, black pepper, water, vinegar, and sugar. Bring mixture to a simmer. Add tomato paste and stir until incorporated.
Bring mixture to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Stir occasionally. Remove the mixture from the heat. Using an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer sauce to a blender and blend until smooth.
For storage, let the sauce cool completely and transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.