The original classic cocktail.
For the simple syrup
- Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water 1/2 cup Water
For the cocktail
- 2 ounces Rye bourbon 2 ounces Rye bourbon
- 2 dashes orange bitters 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 dash original bitters 1 dash original bitters
- 1 orange twist, for garnish 1 orange twist, for garnish
Make the simple syrup
Combine Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar and water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Prepare the cocktail
Fill a bar mixing glass with ice. Combine rye, ½ oz. of Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar Syrup, and bitters in the mixing glass with ice.
Use a bar spoon to stir constantly for 20-30 seconds.
Place a bar strainer over the top of the glass and strain the cocktail into a clean coupe or lowball glass.
Garnish the cocktail with an orange twist.
Our Top Beverage Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!