Creamy and delicious rice pudding prepared with vegan ingredients.
- 4 cups Coconut milk, unsweetened 4 cups Coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Coconut cream, unsweetened 1 cup Coconut cream, unsweetened
- 1 Vanilla bean 1 Vanilla bean
- 1 cup Arborio rice 1 cup Arborio rice
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar ¾ cup ¾ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar
In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk and coconut cream. Split the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds, add vanilla seeds and scraped pod to the coconut mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Add to the coconut mixture the rice, raw cane sugar, and salt. Stir. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook with the saucepan uncovered until the rice is very tender. Remove from heat and spoon the rice pudding into serving bowls. Serve warm or cold. Before serving, pour turbinado sugar over the rice pudding and carefully brulée until sugar melts and caramelizes.
You can skip the brulée step and instead top the rice pudding with toasted coconut or fresh fruits.
Our Favorite Vegan Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!