- 6 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges 6 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups yellow onions, sliced 2 cups yellow onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1/3 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ¾ cup coconut milk ¾ cup coconut milk
- Fresh basil, as garnish Fresh basil, as garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place tomatoes and onions on pan and drizzle with 1/3 cup of olive oil. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red flakes. Toss to coat. Roast for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Spoon tomato mixture and sugar into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Transfer tomato mixture to a medium saucepan. Add coconut milk and heat on low until warm.
Spoon into bowls. Garnish with sprig of fresh basil and olive oil.
Use as many organic ingredients as desired. Serve with warm sourdough bread on the side.
Our Collection of Organic Raw Cane Sugar Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!