Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar and Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar team up for this easy and fun brownie thins snack. Think of them as brownies that go “crunch”, with the crispy texture of those coveted edge and corner pieces. The recipe is dairy-free, with an optional dairy-based frosting that can double as a dip.
For the Brownie Thins
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 ¼ cups 1 ¼ cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar ¼ cup ¼ cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup almond milk ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup freeze dried raspberries (optional) ½ cup freeze dried raspberries (optional)
For the Raspberry Frosting (optional, contains dairy)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried raspberries, previously processed 1 tablespoon freeze dried raspberries, previously processed
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar 2 cups 2 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease one half-sheet pan and line with parchment paper.
In a large heatproof bowl, combine sugars, chocolate, almond milk, and oil. Microwave for 1 minute and stir until well combined. If the chocolate is not completely melted, microwave for 30 seconds until the chocolate melts. Set aside and allow the mixture to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
Once the chocolate mixture has cooled down, add the eggs and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Add chocolate chips.
Pour the brownie mix onto the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, break into pieces.
Prepare the frosting by mixing all of the ingredients until smooth.
1. Serve the frosting as a dip for the brownie thins.
2. Add freeze-dried raspberries to the brownie batter for a delicious berry twist. Make sure the raspberries are completely covered with the batter before baking to prevent them from burning.