A dark chocolate peanut butter pie with Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar, avocado and other wholesome ingredients. This easy, creamy, no-bake pie is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and easy to make.
- 1/3 cup + more for greasing Coconut oil, melted 1/3 cup + more for greasing Coconut oil, melted
- 1 ¾ cups Rolled oats 1 ¾ cups Rolled oats
- ¼ cup Oat flour ¼ cup Oat flour
- ¼ cup Natural peanut butter ¼ cup Natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar Filling 2 tbsp Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar Filling
- 1 cup Dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet, melted 1 cup Dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet, melted
- 1 Avocado, ripe and peeled 1 Avocado, ripe and peeled
- 1 ½ cup Coconut milk, canned, full fat, room temperature, mixed 1 ½ cup Coconut milk, canned, full fat, room temperature, mixed
- ½ cup Nut butter ½ cup Nut butter
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- Frosting rosettes Frosting rosettes
- Assorted nuts Assorted nuts
- Mini dark chocolate chips Mini dark chocolate chips
Prep the crust:
Melt the coconut oil by sitting the jar in a pot of hot water for a few minutes. Rub some coconut oil on the inside of a 9-inch round pan with a removable bottom or a pie pan.
Add rolled oats, oat flour, peanut butter, coconut oil, and Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar to a food processor and process until you have a sticky texture.
Press the mixture into the pan, pushing up the sides and level off the edges. Put the pan in the freezer while you make the filling.
Prepare the filling:
Melt the chocolate chips in a water bath. Bring a pot of a few inches of water to a boil on a stove. Add the chocolate chips to a heatproof container and set the container into the water. Be very careful not to allow a single drop of water to enter the chocolate or it will seize. Turn off the stove, and stir the chocolate until all chips are melted. Peel the avocado. Open the can of coconut milk and stir. If any solids have separated out, set the can in a pot of simmering water, and stir until solids have melted.
Add melted chocolate, peeled avocado, coconut milk, nut butter, and Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar into a blender and process until smooth. Pour the filling into the chilled crust.
Top with frosting rosettes or sprinkle with nuts and/or mini chocolate chips (optional)
Put the pie into the freezer for one hour or into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Slice and serve.
Keep stored in the refrigerator for 2 days. The pie can be frozen for one month if wrapped carefully to prevent freezer burn.
You can melt the chocolate chips in the microwave if you’d prefer
You can mix the filling in a normal blender or high speed blender or even a food processor.
The flavor will especially be influenced by the brand of dark chocolate chips and of peanut butter. I recommend a quality brand of chocolate chips with at least 60% to 70% cacao, or even a chopped up quality chocolate bar. Use a peanut butter brand that has only peanuts as ingredients.
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!