The unexpected addition of avocado adds mouthwatering moisture to these rich, gooey brownies. Sweetened with Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, they’re gluten-free but filled with chocolatey flavor.
- 2/3 cup gluten-free flour blend 2/3 cup gluten-free flour blend
- ¼ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup avocado oil ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pilled, pitted, and mashed to make about ½ cup pulp 1 medium ripe avocado, pilled, pitted, and mashed to make about ½ cup pulp
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch pan and line pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and cocoa powder; set aside.
In a double boiler over low heat, heat oil with chocolate just until warm and chocolate melts, set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar until blended. Beat in avocado pulp and vanilla; then, stir in the flour mixture, chocolate mixture, and chocolate chips until blended.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool at least 20 minutes before serving.
Our Collection of Our Favorite Cookies, Brownies & Bars Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!