- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 ripe bananas (about 3/4 - 1 cup mashed) 2 ripe bananas (about 3/4 - 1 cup mashed)
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil or other vegetable oil 1/3 cup sunflower oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 eggs 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin tins well with non-stick spray or line with mini paper liner cups.
In a medium bowl, sift or whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and xanthan gum; set aside.
Mash bananas in food processor or by hand until smooth.
In separate bowl, beat sugar and oil together until blended. Add eggs, sour cream, mashed bananas and vanilla. Beat on medium speed 1 additional minute until smooth.
Stir in dry ingredients just until blended. Some small lumps may still remain.
Fill muffin cups almost to the top.
If desired, in small bowl, blend raw cane sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle mixture over each muffin.
Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center is dry. Do not over bake.
If using a gluten-free flour blend that includes xanthan gum, reduce the amount of xanthan gum in the ingredients list to 1/4 teaspoon.