Bananas ripen fast, but these muffins will be gone even faster. They combine the rich goodness of pure Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar with bananas and gluten-free flour for a sure-fire hit.
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-free flour blend 1 ½ cups Gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 medium Ripe bananas 2 medium Ripe bananas
- ¾ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane ¾ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane
- 1/3 cup Sunflower oil 1/3 cup Sunflower oil
- 2 large Eggs 2 large Eggs
- ¼ cup Sour cream ¼ cup Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar 3 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin tins well with non-stick spray or line with mini paper liner cups.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
Mash bananas until smooth.
In separate bowl, beat sugar and oil together until blended. Add eggs, sour cream, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed 1 minute until smooth.
Stir in flour mixture and beat until blended.
Fill muffin cups almost to the top. Sprinkle Turbinado sugar on top.
Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center is dry. Do not over bake.
An easy way to fill the muffin cups with batter is by using a pastry bag. Fill the bag with batter and squeeze into the pan.
Recipes Using Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!