Gluten-free chocolate cupcake filled and topped with raspberry buttercream.
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour 1 ½ cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Cocoa powder ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Almond milk ½ cup Almond milk
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon Espresso powder ½ teaspoon Espresso powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 4 ½ cups 4 ½ cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Whole milk 1 tablespoon Whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 tablespoons Raspberry preserves, store bought 5 tablespoons Raspberry preserves, store bought
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, vegetable oil, and espresso powder. When combined, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
Using a small ice cream scoop pour batter into the prepared pan. Fill each 3/4 full. Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from oven, remove from pan and allow them to cool completely.
Frost cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream (recipe here).
In a large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, at medium speed, beat butter until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes.
Reduce to low speed and add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. When all ingredients are combined, increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 to 2 more minutes, until creamy. Add raspberry preserves and mix at low speed until just combined.
To fill the cupcakes, fill a pastry bag fitted with a small tip with buttercream. Push tip through top of cupcake and work the pastry bag out while pushing buttercream into the cupcake.
Consistency of buttercream may be adjusted by adding milk for a softer consistency or powdered sugar for a firmer consistency.