Gluten-Free Holiday Cranberry Cake
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour (with xanthan gum)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Wash cranberries with cold water. Drain.
Butter a 9-inch springform cake pan. Wrap bottom of pan in foil.
Add butter and brown sugar to saucepan. Stir on low heat until mixture reaches a low boil and sugar has melted. Do not burn.
Remove from heat. Add cranberries. Pour hot mixture into prepared pan; level with a spatula. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix eggs and vanilla in bowl; set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients except sugar; set aside.
In mixer, cream butter on medium speed. Add sugar and cream together for 3 minutes on medium until fluffy. Add egg mixture; mix on low until blended. Add sour cream; mix on low until blended. Slowly add flour mixture on low.
Pour batter on top of cranberry mixture. Spread evenly. Bake 50 to 60 minutes; cake is done when it springs back to touch. Remove cake to cooling rack for 15 minutes. Put a plate over cake and flip over. After 3 minutes, remove pan.
Allow cake to cool completely before cutting.