Buttery shortbread cookies with subtle flavors of lemon and chamomile. While baking, your house will be filled with delicious chamomile aroma that will soothe your soul.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 3/4 cups 3/4 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Freshly grated lemon zest 2 teaspoons Freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chamomile tea leaves 1 1/2 teaspoons Chamomile tea leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar at medium speed until combined. About 1 minute. Add the lemon zest, chamomile leaves, and salt and mix until just combined.
Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and slowly add the flour. Mix until a dough starts to form. Remove dough for the bowl and shape into a disk. Wrap with plastic paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll ½-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a round 2 ½-inch cookie cutter. If you have a cookie stamp to create a design, this is the time to use it.
Place the cookies in the prepared baking sheets and bake for 23-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow cooling at room temperature.