Chewy macadamia white chocolate cookies are taken up a notch with zesty lemon - the cookie you know and love made even better! These little citrus cookies by blogger Sugared and Stirred are quick, easy, and perfect for Spring!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter, softened 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter, softened
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 large egg 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest (about 4 large lemons) 2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest (about 4 large lemons)
- 1 cup dairy-free white chocolate chips 1 cup dairy-free white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nut halves (raw or roasted/salted) 1 cup macadamia nut halves (raw or roasted/salted)
Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the vegan butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in the egg and egg yolk and then the lemon and vanilla extracts. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use a large wooden spoon or spatula to gently mix until nearly combined - a few flour streaks are okay.
Gently stir in the lemon zest, 3/4 cup of the white chocolate chips, and the macadamia nuts.
Scoop dough balls 1.5 Tbsp in size and bake eight at a time on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350°F for 6-8 minutes or until cookies no longer look wet in the center (they will be light in color but still done). For extra chewy cookies, take the cookies out while the centers are still slightly wet- looking.
Immediately top each cookie with a few more white chocolate chips, using the remaining 1/4 cup of chips.
Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
Continue baking dough balls until all cookies are baked, making sure your baking sheet is cooled to room temperature between each batch.
- Store cookie leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
- For extra round cookies, use the back of a spoon to gently shape each cookie immediately after pulling them out of the oven. And then immediately top each cookie with a few white chocolate chips.
Collection of Our Favorite Cookies, Brownies & Bars
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!