Slice fresh strawberries, squeeze a few lemons, and sweeten with Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, and you’ll have a cool, fresh icebox cake bursting with bright, fruity flavor. Make it a day early to effortlessly wow your guests any time of year.
- 4 cups Fresh strawberries, sliced 4 cups Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 ¼ cups 1 ¼ cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Freshly squeezed lemon juice 2 teaspoons Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch Salt Pinch Salt
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, at room temperature 8 ounces Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest 1 tablespoon Lemon zest
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Lemon curd, store bought 1/2 cup Lemon curd, store bought
- 1 Pound cake 1 Pound cake
- As garnish Sliced lemons As garnish Sliced lemons
- As garnish Sliced strawberries As garnish Sliced strawberries
Prepare the strawberry jam. In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups of strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon zest at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Reduce the speed of the mixer and gradually add in the cream, then increase the speed and beat until stiff peaks form. Reserve one third of the mixture in the refrigerator to finish the cake after chill time.
Line one round, 8-inch cake pan with plastic wrap. Evenly spread one cup of cream at the bottom of the pan. Dollop half of the prepared jam on top of the cream. Add sliced strawberries on top. Cover with slices of pound cake. Spread cream over the pound cake. Spread lemon curd on top of the cream. Top with an additional layer of sliced pound cake. Add more cream, jam and strawberries. Cover with pound cake slices.
Cover the cake with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, invert the cake over a serving platter. Remove the plastic wrap and cover with reserved cream. Garnish the cake with slices of fresh strawberries and lemons.
Our Top Cake & Cupcake Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!