- 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar ¾ cup ¾ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 large eggs 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon milk 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until well combined. Scrape bowl as needed. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, and vanilla mix until combined.
Carefully add flour mixture, beat until just incorporated. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two half baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place powdered raw cane sugar in a shallow dish. Using a medium cookie dough scoop, form 15 balls of dough. Roll the dough in the sugar. Place the balls of dough in the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the cookies are puffed and cracked. Allow cookies to rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a cooling rack.
If you want to add a little yellow color to the dough, add 1/8 teaspoon of ground turmeric to the dough.
Recipes Using Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!