This mini pavlova dessert board is the perfect gluten-free treat this Easter. With a crisp exterior and soft marshmallow-like interior, mini pavlovas are light and delicious. Layer with toppings like homemade whipped cream, lemon curd, and fresh berries for a show-stopping dessert that’s easy to make, too!
Meet the Chef: Megan Hastings
Megan is the gluten-free recipe developer behind A Dash of Megnut. Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2013, she creates approachable gluten-free and other allergy-friendly recipes that can easily go from entertaining to a quick weeknight meal. She knows that having food allergies can be overwhelming, and loves showing others that gluten-free can be both simple and delicious!
For the Mini Pavlovas
- 6 Egg whites, room temperature 6 Egg whites, room temperature
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Potato starch 1 tablespoon Potato starch
- 2 teaspoons Apple cider vinegar 2 teaspoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
For the Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy cream, cold 1 cup Heavy cream, cold
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
For the Mini Pavlova Dessert Board
- 2 cups Berries and fruit of choice 2 cups Berries and fruit of choice
- 1 cup Lemon curd 1 cup Lemon curd
- 1 cup Caramel sauce 1 cup Caramel sauce
- ½ cup Pistachios, roughly chopped ½ cup Pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Coconut flakes, toasted ¼ cup Coconut flakes, toasted
Prepare the Mini Pavlovas
Preheat the oven to 225°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat 6 egg whites on high speed for about 2 minutes, or until soft peaks form.
Turn the mixer speed to medium, gradually add the Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar one or two tablespoons at a time, allowing some time between each addition so the sugar can mix in thoroughly.
Then, turn the speed back up to high and beat for 7-8 minutes, until the mixture forms stiff peaks and is smooth and glossy.
Turn the mixer to low and add the cornstarch, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla and mix until just combined.
Gently spoon or pipe 16 meringues into circles on the lined baking sheets, about 3 inches in diameter. Leave a well in the center of each circle so you can add toppings later.
Place the baking sheets into the oven and bake for 75 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave in the oven for 30 minutes. Do not open the oven.
Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Prepare the Whipped Cream
Add cold heavy cream, Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, and vanilla extract into a bowl.
Whisk on high speed until the mixture forms medium-stiff peaks.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Arrange mini pavlovas, fresh whipped cream, berries, lemon curd, caramel sauce, toasted coconut flakes, and pistachios on a tray or serving board.
- Make sure your eggs are at room temperature for perfect pavlovas.
- Once assembled, eat the pavlovas within a few hours for best results. After the toppings are added the pavlovas start to get soggy after a few hours.
- To make this dessert board dairy-free, substitute the whipped cream with coconut whipped cream and use dairy-free toppings, such as dairy-free caramel sauce.