- 1/4 cup unsalted butter 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup cocktail peanuts, unsalted 1/4 cup cocktail peanuts, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup mini-semisweet chocolate chips (optional) 1/3 cup mini-semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar or as needed, for rolling 1/4 cup Florida Crystals® Turbinado Cane Sugar or as needed, for rolling
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar 2 minutes on medium speed. Add vanilla, peanut butter and egg; beat 1 minute.
In a small food processor, grind peanuts and oats together until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
Sift baking soda, salt and flour together. Stir nuts/oats mixture with flour mixture into creamed mixture.
If desired, stir in optional chocolate chips.
Use a rounded tablespoon, or a flat-measured #40 scoop, to portion dough, then roll dough into balls. Dip dough balls into additional Turbinado Cane Sugar and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
Use the back of a fork to make a cross hatch into the dough balls while flattening them into 1/2-inch thick discs.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and edges are set.
Store up to 1 week in airtight container.