This persimmon loaf is subtly sweet on its own and perfect for breakfast with a big cup of coffee! But if you’re craving dessert, just drizzle it with the simple icing made with Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar!
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, melted ½ cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar ¾ cup ¾ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 Eggs 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cloves ¼ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt 2/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup (about 3) Fuyu Persimmons, diced 1 cup (about 3) Fuyu Persimmons, diced
- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2-3 teaspoons Milk 2-3 teaspoons Milk
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a standard size loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, and Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
Fold half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then add in the Greek yogurt and the remaining dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Gently fold in the diced Fuyu persimmons.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely to room temperature
Optional Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar and cinnamon. Add in the milk one teaspoon at a time until your desired consistency is reached.
Pour the glaze over the fully cooled persimmon loaf and top with sliced Fuyu persimmons if desired.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.