Layered Pink Champagne cake to celebrate 60th anniversary.
For the cake
- 2 2/3 cups Cake flour 2 2/3 cups Cake flour
- 2.5 tsp Baking powder 2.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt 1 tsp Salt
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 2 Cups 2 Cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted butter soft 1 stick Unsalted butter soft
- 6 Egg whites 6 Egg whites
- 1/3 cup Avocado oil 1/3 cup Avocado oil
- 2/3 cup Pink champagne 2/3 cup Pink champagne
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 2 drops Natural pink food coloring 2 drops Natural pink food coloring
For the buttercream
- 3 sticks Unsalted butter, soft 3 sticks Unsalted butter, soft
- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar 6 cups 6 cups Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 2-3 TBS Pink champagne (optional, if skipping, reduce powdered sugar to 3 cups) 2-3 TBS Pink champagne (optional, if skipping, reduce powdered sugar to 3 cups)
- 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Salt
Prepare the cakes
Preheat the oven to 350F and line three 3x8” round pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a bowl of a standing mixer, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar and mix on low using the paddle attachment.
Increase speed to medium and add the butter in small pieces and mix until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
In a large mixing bowl mix together the egg whites, oil, champagne, heavy cream, and food coloring.
Pour the mixture into the flour mixture and mix until fully combined, about 20 seconds.
Divide the batter between the greased pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or just until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cakes.
To make the buttercream
Place the butter in a bowl of stand mixer and beat for 1 minute.
Gradually add Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar followed by the pink champagne and salt.
Mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
Assemble the cake
Place one cake on top of the serving dish and spread ⅓ cup of the buttercream. Top with another layer of cake and repeat with the remaining of the cakes.
Frost the top and sides of the cake with the rest of the buttercream.
- For best flavor, pour and measure the champagne into a measuring cup about 30-45 minutes ahead and let sit at room temperature.
- Make sure all of the ingredients are at room temperature.
- If cake flour is not available, take 3 cups of all-purpose flour and remove 6 tablespoons. Mix together the remaining flour with 6 tablespoons of potato starch. Use 2 ⅔ cups of this mixture for your cake mix.
Right On To Homegrown – Since 1960
Join us in celebrating our 60th anniversary! At Florida Crystals®, we passionately cultivate the only organic raw sugarcane sustainably grown in the U.S., and we do it in a way that’s at peace with Mother Nature. That’s fab! That’s Honest to Goodness Sugar.